Wednesday, March 2, 2011

J/24 Inspires children's book- "Nautical Mile".

J/24 Nautical Mile* Donna McCartney is an author writing a children’s book series called, "NAUTICAL MILE".  The first book in the Nautical Mile Series is set to be released the summer of 2011.  A campaign for a national coloring contest is already underway, set to roll out the beginning of next school year.  Donna had a sweet comment for J sailors, "I was just reading an article written by Jeff Johnstone about the creation of the J/24 class.  I realized that my husband is probably right, our 1977 J/24, which is the backbone for the creation of my series and is the oldest J/24 boat we’ve ever encountered, comes from the very first production run of the J/24 series!!  I just thought I'd tell you that the boat is alive and well and still in use after all these years-- and still creating magic.  If you would like to see a few pictures, I have a couple out on our blog about my book and coloring contest at http://nauticalmileseries.blogspot.com -  Please let others know about our coloring contest- Many Thanks, Donna McCartney- ph# (804)-462-5019 or email- mommccartney@gmail.com