Wednesday, August 19, 2009

J/95 #5 Launched in Annapolis

J/95 off Sandy Point ready to sail with you!Ken Comerford and the team at North Point Yacht Sales just launched J/95 hull #5 in Annapolis. The boat is sailing to Oxford, MD this weekend and then will be based at J/Port in Annapolis through the Annapolis Boatshow. As part of Rod's "J/95 tour" he had the opportunity to have J/95 North Sails consultant Ron LaNeve sail aboard and provide some personal viewpoints on the meaning of this breakthrough design from J/Boats. Here's Ron's commentary- " I have come away with the feeling that the boat is really made for areas like this and that there is tons of potential for the J/95 here as well as other areas with thin water. Please feel free to pass along my name should anyone want an impartial opinion about the boat and how she sails. In my years sailing I cannot remember a time I sailed on a “centerboard” (big) boat that had such great performance. I sure felt like I was sailing a much larger boat with a deep keel. Thanks again for joining us at the Squan Trisail Regatta and spending some time at the Jersey Shore with your cool new boat! Kindest Regards, Ron". For more info contact J/Boats or see more here.