This year, BBR will celebrate 25 years, and the organizers intend to make it something special! There will be an event that celebrates some of the past regattas, and helps everyone to remember all the great sailors that have come before!
This year's event will be from February 28 to March 4, 2017. The regatta starts off with the famous kick-off party at the Vallarta Yacht Club, and ends with the legendary BBR beach party. In between, expect a little old, a little new and all fun!!
Remember, when you participate in the Banderas Bay Regatta, here is what you get:
- Two Banderas Bay Regatta shirts!
- Two Banderas Bay Regatta hats!
- Two Tickets for dinner opening night (can be used for any of the VYC dinners during the event)
- A BBR 25 burgee to fly with pride, making your boat the envy of the anchorage where ever you go! This is a special edition and only competitors will get them!
- Two tickets to the most kickin’ ass beach party of the season!
To celebrate 25 years of cruiser racing in Banderas Bay, let's go fishing! The second day of racing for Banderas Bay Regatta XXV will include a fishing tournament. The tournament is open to all boats, pangas, dinghies, sailboats, paddle boards, kayaks and inner tubes! No handicaps, just fish inside the bay. If you are not already registered in BBR XXV, just pay the registration fee for the fishing tournament.
Fishin’ starts at 7am and finishes at 12pm. At 1 pm, races will begin. At around 5pm, we'll have a fish weigh-in on the Paradise Village Marina docks, then we'll head to Vallarta Yacht Club for a fish BBQ to share the bounty of beautiful Banderas Bay!! Fresh sushi?? Or, will it be awesome ceviche with lime and tequila! Nevertheless, awards will be presented by Harbormaster Dick Markie for best and worst fishermen.
Have fun, eat, dance and celebrate 25 years of Banderas Bay cruiser racing! Joining the fun so far are pioneering J/sailors. For starters, there is the J/105 SINFONIA NAUTICA skippered by Bart Smit. Bart’s crew of intrepid adventurers includes the following rockstars:
- Eugenie Russell- Puerto Vallarta- nobody knows what planet she is from, but great sailor
- Pascal Desrosiers- owner with Bart from ABYC Toronto- Just sexy anywhere
- Gitte Frederiksen- ABYC Toronto member- Danish sailor and Sailing Goddess
- Kyle Harvey- ABYC Toronto- Hercules, single and looking
- Nicholas Bolden- ABYC Toronto- The professor (we think)
- Monique Lafleur- SDYC- San Diego- Tactician & Bow Goddess