The ONE Regatta will take place on the same traditional weekend as the New England's August 22-24 and will be run and managed on the water by the Boston, Corinthian and Eastern Yacht Clubs. This year's on-shore host is the Boston Yacht Club.
Here are a few ways the event will be different than in the past:
- Multiple Rating Divisions are being offered (IRC, ORR, HPR & PHRF)
- Multiple One-Designs are invited (currently J/105, J/109, J/70, J/111)
- A focus on sailing like boats with like boats whenever feasible for the best racing experience possible.
- 2 Days of navigational around the buoys courses for main & jib classes and shorthanded classes.
- New social format with focus on dinner, dancing, entertainment and more on Saturday evening and casual parties every other night.
- Plus, win a FREE B&G ZEUSS-2 display worth over $1,500 USD!
Fourteen J/105s have registered to date; chief amongst them is CIRCE’s CUP! Now’s your chance to see if you can take on Ric Dexter’s crew on CIRCE’s CUP and top the podium with a chance at the Zeuss-2 display! Giving them a run-for-the-money will be past 105 Class champion Ken Colburn sailing the famous GHOST and others like Fred deNapoli on ALLEGRO SEMPLICITA, Mark & Jolene Masur on TWO FEATHERS from Dallas, TX and Steve Hollis on SCIROCCO.
Nine J/70s have entered to date with a solid turnout of local and visiting teams looking for more practice before the upcoming J/70 Worlds in Newport, RI. Amongst those top teams are Henry Brauer’s SCAMP, Dave Franzel’s SPRING, Stein Skaane’s SHRED, and Holly Fabyan’s ASTERIA.
In PHRF Class are four J/109s and two J/111s registered so far. The 111s include Ed Kaye’s PRAVDA 2 and Mike Williamson’s BRIGADOON. The 109s have Chris Zibailo’s SUPERSTITION, Dan Boyd & Mitch Wiest’s WILDTHING, Gary Weisberg’s HEAT WAVE and John Doub’s RESOLVE. Also in the hunt will be Ward Blodgett’s J/33 SCIROCCO. For more ONE Regatta sailing information