Saturday, February 15, 2014

The J/36 JAZZ a Winner Every Year!?


J/36 JAZZ crew and friends 
 (Kalamta, Greece)- Remarkably so, it may be true ever since she started sailing off Newport in 1985.  Reports her current owner Norman Curnow, “Last year (2013) she sailed Gibraltar to the Balearics off Spain then onto Corfu near Turkey via Sicily’s Messina Straits at the bottom of Italy- spectacular scenery, by J/36 JAZZ winning offshore racethe by, sailing past active volcanos blowing smoke at sunrise!

I am in Kalamta at the moment.  When I go back my partner and I will travel on to Crete for a month or two then possibly back to Great Britain (most likely Plymouth) single handed on all sea passages. My partner, Linda, only likes to go “boating” at the marina or somewhere nearby!  JAZZ is a delight to sail short-handed! Good job, too, since I’m pushing 70 and have false hip, knee and ankle.  The J/36 is truly a remarkable boat!  Pleasant sailing to all at the J/Boats HQ in Newport! Cheers, Norman.”