Saturday, September 15, 2012

J/111 "Turn'n'burn" Sweden Report

J/111 BLUR sailing off Sweden* J/111 friends in Scandinavia- the BLUR gang dial it up to 17.88 kts in 22 kts wind at 150 TWA-- not bad for a bunch of rookies in "the north" (a.k.a. "north of the Arctic Circle, that is)! 

According to Peter Gustafsson and his buddies sailing in one of their recent regattas,

"The plan was to go to south to Skagen, but when the wind topped 20 knots and the sea built we decided to pop the spinnaker and go north to Marstrand instead.  Why not?!

It was incredibly fun and a GREAT RIDE!!

For those of you who do NOT own a J/111, we hope you SOON appreciate this! And, for those who DO own a J/111, you'll LOVE this!!

"Turn & burn" may be our new motto! 

This boat flies upwind, it goes even FASTER off-the-wind.  WE LOVE IT!"  Don't believe it?  Call me, txt me, FB me, LinkedIn me, we'll guarantee you a "joy ride" that you'll never forget!"  My Scandinavian friends know how to contact me, just go to "blur.se".

Enjoy the YouTube video of Peter G's fun in the Scandinavian sun aboard the appropriately named BLUR