Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Texas J/30 sailor- Paul Magnini- Talks about J/30 Sailing

J/30 sailing Corpus Christi, Texas with spinnaker* A Texas J/30 sailor, Paul Magnini, "new" owner of hull #312 had this to say recently on the J/30 blog:  "I bought J/30 #312 three years ago.... I bought new main and genoa two years ago and a new jib this past winter. I had a bottom job done three years ago... The boat has improved its performance a lot I am now equal to the other 2 J30′s in Corpus Christi, TX. I just completed my second Harvest Moon Regatta.  Galveston to Port Aransas, TX just out side Corpus Christi Bay. The race is 160 miles offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. The boat is good and solid.... I find the boat very comfortable and seaworthy..... All in all I am very pleased with the construction of the J/30..... Just a note, in Corpus Christi Bay the normal winds are 12 to 25 mph. We race with winds up to 35 mph. The boat is very comfortable in the conditions.  Regards,  Paul Magnini”   Read more about J/30 experiences here- http://j30.us/blog/